Remove Word Password
A password-protected Word document is a document that you need to put in password in order to open and modify. You may choose Read-only to view the document but you will need the password to unlock it in order to make any changes to it. Here I am going to show you a simply way how to remove password from a Word document even if you don’t know the password to open it first.
Before I start, here is how we normally remove a password from a password-protected document in Microsoft Word.
After opening the document in Word, go to Save As, and click Tools in the Save As window, choose General Option.
And remove password from the Password to Modify box, click OK, and save the document. The newly saved document will have no password protected.
Now, here is how to do it when password is unknown
Just follow these steps:
1. Rename the extension name of the document to ZIP, like as a ZIP compressed file
2. Double click it and open it in Windows Explorer, navigate to Word folder.
3. Delete the Settings.xml file from the folder. And then close the Window.
4. Rename back to DOCX file.
5. And done. Next time when you open the same document, you will not be prompted by the password window.